Contrail project partners to release version R1.3 of the Contrail software
7 Oct 2013 Toulouse -
The Contrail project partners have released the new version R1.3 of the Contrail software. The new Contrail release is made for the security enthusiasts who wish to know more about securing the access to a federated Cloud infrastructure. The focus of this release is to provide the building blocks that will enable fine-grained security and which will be used in the final release of the Contrail platform. The developers demonstrate the usage of external Identity Providers with a Single Sign On (SSO) feature and the usage of OAuth tokens as a basis for the next release.
What's new in the release?
- Support for external Identity Providers (for example allowing login over Google)
- Support for SAML (exchange of attributes during login)
- Support for OAuth2 standard (securing API with OAuth tokens between the component calls)
- Authorization Server (fine grained control of token usage for the users and administrators)
- Dynamic-CA (for temporary services such as software defined networks SDNs for applications)
- Bug fixes of existing components
Release R1.3 builds upon a previous release which introduced:
- SLA Manager on the provider level,
- Virtual Infrastructure Network (VIN),
- Federation updates to reflect additional functionality (SLA and VIN support),
- Updates have been made to the security part as well, adding basic OAuth 2.0 functionality.
Contrail previous releases allow a Cloud administrator to offer basic SLA functionalities at the provider level on top of the deployment of applications on a data centre. Virtual networks are also possible with proper OVFs.
This release of the Contrail software stack only indicates some basic work flow of SLA passing between the federation and the provider.
The developers currently support the following systems:
- Debian 6.0
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- current version supports virtualization on OpenNebula clusters only.
Downloads for both unix distributions i386 and amd64, in integral or individual packaging are available at http://contrail.projects.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download
Release notes are available at http://forge.ow2.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2265
Updated guides are available at http://contrail.projects.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/WebHome