HP speeds clients' Cloud evolution
18 Oct 2011 Singapore -
HP has launched new services and solutions based on HP Converged Infrastructure that empower service providers and enterprises to rapidly deliver Cloud services while leveraging existing investments, minimizing risk and lowering costs.
Organisations are under increasing pressure to deliver IT resources on demand to gain agility, increase competitive advantage and meet customer expectations. Legacy data centres, rigid IT architectures and technology sprawl are key barriers to implementing new delivery models such as IT as a Service and Cloud computing. Adopting the right Cloud strategy for the client's organisation is critical to success.
HP's new offerings include:
- HP Technology Consulting Services for data center strategy, operations and continuity accelerate planning, design and building of Cloud data centers by up to 40 percent while driving alignment between IT, facility operations and the business.
- Expanded HP CloudSystem portfolio includes financing, services, developer resources and 100 new HP Cloud Centers of Excellence worldwide: 50 in the Asia Pacific and Japan region. These centers enable clients to experience HP CloudSystem, the industry's most complete, integrated and open platform for building and managing services across private, public and hybrid Cloud environments.
- HP VirtualSystem for Microsoft and HP VirtualSystem for Superdome 2/HP-UX are new turnkey hardware and software solutions for rapidly deploying highly optimized, fully tested virtualized application environments. Using tailored consulting and HP Support services, clients can deploy standardized blocks of applications for thousands of users in hours versus months.
"Clients want our help in speeding their transition to Cloud computing with proven methodologies and solutions based on HP Converged Infrastructure so they can increase innovation in their markets and better serve their customers", stated Dave Donatelli, executive vice president and general manager, Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services, HP. "Our new offerings clearly reflect the best of HP's skills and technology in driving this evolution for clients, while reducing complexity, costs and risk."
Legacy data centres need a critical transformation to prepare for Cloud computing. They must be architected with shorter planning cycles to deliver services instantly, while optimizing operations and improving reliability of those services. This requires better alignment, communications and planning across the organisation.
HP services address data centre strategy, operations and continuity with the expertise, guidance and proven methodologies clients need to succeed:
- Data centre strategy services reduce time-to-transformation by 40 percent by allowing planning, design and build processes to run concurrently. As a result, clients can accelerate decision making and investment strategies by broadening program communications with executives.
- Data centre operations services lower a facility's lifetime costs up to 37 percent with design-build improvements for infrastructure integration and facility planning that increase operational efficiency.
- Data centre continuity services allow service providers to easily predict facility and IT infrastructure failures before they occur. With the modular services portfolio, clients can choose the HP Continuous Improvement Programme to address availability gaps and reduce unplanned downtime, the HP Reliability Assurance Programme to improve continuity, or the HP Disaster Recovery Readiness assessment to identify planning gaps.
HP CloudSystem is ideal for enterprises and service providers who want to deliver private and public Cloud services ranging from compute to Software as a Service. With HP CloudSystem, clients can deploy a new Cloud service in minutes or hours, not the weeks or months that a manual method requires.
New financing, services and developer resources further extend the value of HP CloudSystem:
- With HP CloudSystem Financing, part of the companys program to provide up to $2 billion in financing for cloud projects, qualified customers have easy options to make the move to Cloud affordable. First, they can choose a payment plan that can allow them to build their Cloud environments without large upfront capital expenditures. This is critical for chief financial officers (CFOs) and chief information officers (CIOs) looking for a level of predictability with the IT investments they make. Additionally, as part of the HP CloudAgile programme for qualified service providers, HP can offer a step payment plan, where payments start small and increase over six to 12 months, so those service providers can ramp their business and better align expenditures with revenue growth.
- HP CloudSystem Enablement Services offer predefined consulting and integration services that accelerate the build out of a client's first set of Cloud services. The new HP AllianceONE resource centre for CloudSystem empowers independent software vendors (ISVs), systems integrators and service providers with a quick-start toolkit that includes sample code, video demonstrations and expert tips.
- New HP Cloud Centers of Excellence allow key HP channel partners to provide clients with fast, convenient access to live demonstrations of HP Cloud solutions based on HP CloudSystem. The centres allow clients to more easily evaluate, test and deploy Cloud-based solutions while evaluating their optimal path to the Cloud.
Virtualization is often a foundation for building a Cloud infrastructure. With HP VirtualSystems, enterprises and service providers can quickly deploy blocks of applications and capacity to support thousands of users. Running major applications in virtualized environments drives greater flexibility, improved efficiency and lower costs:
- HP VirtualSystem for Microsoft speeds the virtualization and delivery of diverse, business-critical workloads such as Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange and SQL Server. Through a single console, clients can track application services and pinpoint and resolve issues without downtime across hardware infrastructure, operating system, hypervisor and Microsoft applications.
- HP VirtualSystem for Superdome 2/HP-UX accelerates the path to virtualized mission-critical workloads including customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and core financial applications on HP Integrity systems. The combination of HP-UX 11i v3 and HP Integrity Superdome 2 is tuned for mission-critical applications, delivering the highest levels of resiliency, scalability and virtualization performance.
In a world of continuous connectivity, the HP Converged Infrastructure is a key element to delivering the Instant-On Enterprise. The Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.