Oracle optimizes integration between Oracle applications and Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
3 Oct 2011 San Francisco -
Oracle Applications are now fully optimized for Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. The enhanced integration delivers tangible business benefits for customers by enabling Oracle Applications to take advantage of the extreme performance, reliability and scalability delivered by Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
With the integration, the performance of the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle's Siebel CRM, Oracle's ATG Commerce Suite and Oracle Supply Chain Management applications is enhanced.
The combination of Oracle Applications with Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud gives customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading products, including superior system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, extreme performance, and low total cost of ownership.
The integration of Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud with Oracle Applications delivers performance benefits across Oracle's complete application solutions. These include:
- Oracle E-Business Suite: With the integration, HR and procurement transactions are now eight times faster, Order to Cash transactions are now three times faster, and Accounting transactions are seven times faster.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft: The integration improves the speed and scalability of PeopleSoft financials and HCM applications. PeopleSoft financial applications benefit from five times faster journal posts and 40 percent faster payroll runs, while PeopleSoft HCM applications benefit from ten times the scalability and three times the response time for HR Self Service capabilities.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne: The integration enables a 33 percent improvement in batch completion rates and the fastest response times ever tested across the comprehensive enterprise resource planning suite.
- Oracle's ATG Commerce Suite: The integration enhances the industry's top-ranked cross-channel commerce solution by enabling three times improvement in response time for online shopping.
- Oracle Supply Chain Management applications: The integration delivers a significant reduction in supply chain planning time and decreases POS demand analysis from six hours to 45 minutes.
Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud support new capabilities across Oracle Applications. These include:
- PeopleSoft applications built on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud deliver real-time visibility into the financial impact of "what-if" scenarios that helps customers optimize decision making with continuous management of the bottom line and real time reporting to the finance and executive offices.
New capabilities include:
- Financial Position Analyzer provides the ability to model multiple scenarios of material activity impact on the financial position with real time reporting views.
- Allocations Analyzer provides the collaborative ability to quickly model changes to complex and multi-step cost and revenue allocations to assess results to the financial position. Once scenarios are approved, changes can then be fully realized into the financial flows.
- Average Balance Analyzer allows Financial Services organisations to model the effects of material activity on the balance sheet with focus on average balance positions needed for internal profitability analysis and external regulatory reporting.
- Close Analyzer enables finance to speedily run through multiple close scenarios to assess bottom line results. This would include allocations, multi-currency revaluation, consolidations with virtual close.
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne supports the move from batch to real-time transactions by providing progressive order processing. New capabilities include:
- Real Time Up-sell and Cross-sell provides capabilities that dynamically analyze the customer's recent purchasing behaviour for items not on the current order, promotions or discounts in effect for those products and related products other customers purchased when buying the same products as on the order.
- Profitability Analyzer provides capabilities that analyze the profitability of an order and the order's individual lines. Graphically displays profit/margin vs. target during order entry. One chart which displays the profit margin for each item on the sales order and the overall profitability for the total sales order.
Dynamic Fulfillment Scheduling enables the ability to continuously rank sales orders to help ensure fulfillment of the highest priority orders to core orders in real time, evaluate service level rules for orders and run auto-fulfillment processing for inventory commitments.
Oracle's Siebel CRM includes:
- Order Management: Enhancements help Communication Service Provider improve operational efficiency by enabling real-time changes to large-scale existing assets. Customers also benefit from reduced time-to-market through faster batch processing and improved order accuracy.
- Loyalty Management: An integrated loyalty and commerce experience is designed to maximize conversion rates, delivers actionable customer insights and supports a superior cross-channel customer experience.
- Master Data Management: Advanced data cleansing capabilities can dramatically reduce the time required for data consolidation projects in high-volume data environments, deliver sub-second response times and enable real-time de-duplication, onboarding and account creation.
"Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud deliver tangible business benefits across all Oracle Application suites", stated Steve Miranda, SVP of Application Development, Oracle. "By optimizing the integration with Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle is not only enabling extreme performance, reliability and availability across its complete application solutions, but also delivering new capabilities that directly support line of business managers."