Mellanox announces availability of 200G LinkX copper and optical cables and transceiver for Ethernet and HDR InfiniBand
29 Aug 2018 Sunnyvale, Yokneam - Mellanox Technologies Ltd., a supplier of optical transceivers and high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data centre servers and storage systems, has begun shipping 200GbE Ethernet and InfiniBand HDR LinkXTMoptical transceivers, Active Optical Cables (AOCs) and Direct Attach Copper cables (DACs) for use in upcoming 200Gb/s systems. Additionally, Mellanox began shipping 400G QSFP-DD DAC cables for use in next generation systems.
The new LinkXTM 200Gb/s product line provides comprehensive options for switch, server, and storage network connectivity for HDR InfiniBand and 200/400GbE infrastructures. LinkXtm is part of the Mellanox "end-to-end" ecosystem including Spectrum2TM 200GbE and QuantumTM HDR systems and ConnectX-6tm network adapters:
- 200G SR4/HDR Transceiver: Designed and manufactured by Mellanox, the 4x50G PAM4 transceiver uses the QSFP56 form-factor and forms the basis for transceivers and AOC products for Mellanox's upcoming 200G systems.
- 200GbE and HDR DAC and AOC cables: Designed and manufactured by Mellanox the company will be displaying both straight and y-splitter 100GbE and HDR100 form-factors.
- 400GbE DAC Cables: Mellanox LinkXtm kicks off its 400GbE line with announcing beginning shipments of its 400G 8x50G PAM4 DAC cables in the QSFP-DD form-factor.
- Live Demos: At ECOC the company will host a live demo with Keysight/Ixia showing 200Gb/s SR4 transceivers and 400Gb/s QSFP-DD DAC cables.
- 400G SR8 Transceiver: Mellanox-designed, 8-channel parallel transceiver will be on display.
- Low-Loss DAC Cables: Extending one of the industry's largest offerings of interconnect products, with new low-loss DAC cables that enables simplified or even FEC-less links for Mellanox SN2000 series of 25/50/100G network switches and ConnectXtm network adapters. The new cables offer lengths up to 5 meters and support the IEEE CA-N and CA-L specifications. This enables considerable interconnect latency savings.
Mellanox will showcase the complete LinkX product line of 100G, 200G and 400G products at the CIOE 2018 in Shenzhen, China conference September 5-8 at booth 1A22-1 and ECOC 2018 conference September 24-26 in Rome, Italy at booth 432. In addition, Mellanox will display the full line of 25/50/100Gb/s cables and transceivers for hyperscale and data centre applications:
- LinkX 25G/50G/100Gb/s DAC & AOC cables and SR, SR4, PSM4, CWDM4 and LR4 transceivers
- DAC and AOC breakout cables for 100Gb/s to 4x25Gb/s and 2x50Gb/s
- DynamiX QSATM Adapter, to convert any QSFP port to support an SFP-based DAC, AOC or transceiver available in 10G and 25G versions