Regulus Communications launches Cloud resources for health information technology
18 Aug 2011 Lincoln -
Regulus Communications Inc. has created its Cloud resources for health information technology. The Cloud provides a group of server-based applications and data services for health care providers, health care technology developers, health care facilities, and individual health care professionals. The resources were compiled for health information education, health technology marketing, and mobile device development.
"Mobile Cloud resources for health information technology will change the landscape for both service providers and device developers", stated Richard L. Austin, the project director. "Every health care professional, service provider, teaching environment, and medical information programme will need to have a mobile capability to meet the demands of staff, students, and patients", he added.
The HIT Cloud is designed with an extensive package of user resources that are accessible from a PC, digital tablet, or mobile phone, and include:
- The mobileHIT network to serve as the member community providing home pages, blogs, event announcements, member profiles, and mobile video publishing. The network theme includes Google Translation Integration so users can convert networking features into 52 different languages as well as Google Maps Integration for searching technology products and services.
- A network Q&A alowing members to post HIT related questions across the network and get answers from other members, including businesses, and service providers.
- A Poll/Survey module for snap-shot research across the network on important HIT issues.
- A Forums module for individuals and business to develop interactive forums on important health technology issues.
- The mobileHIT Content Center for business members to showcase health technology content services, products, and programs via a central on-line directory. The content centre allows free access to the category presentations from across the Internet.
- TheJounal of Mobile HIT Innovationsserves as the multimedia journal for the introduction and presentation of new health technology innovations and strategies using touch-enabled mobile devices. Content includes articles by outside contributors and network business members on mobile health technology strategies and projects; a review of mobile apps developed for health information; and, book and product reviews for health information technology. Network members receive a free subscription to the journal.
- The mobileHIT Campus for members to create professional development, on-line education, and on-line skill enhancement projects for health care individuals, businesses, facilities, and organisations. Members can offer distance learning classes, seminars, or on-line events that allow teaching and training from a mobile device. The campus is a fully mobilized Moodle CMS (course management system). Network members have free development access to the campus system.
- The Universal padPublisher for members to author and publish health care content to computers, digital tablets, and mobile phones for marketing, education, training, and patient services that includes text, geo-tagged pictures, video, and on-line fill-out forms. Access to the authoring tool is free to network members.
- The mobileHIT Research Update for reporting and summarizing market research studies on health information technologies. Regulus recently formed a strategic alliance with CLS Profakt of London (Croydon), UK to conduct eye tracking research studies on mobile devices for health information technology. The Research Update feature will serve as the core presentation centre for the studies.