BOINC has launched a new governance model
3 Jul 2015 Berkeley - The BOINC project has transitioned to a community-based governance model.
BOINC is a community-based open-source project. Anyone can contribute to BOINC, and there are many ways to contribute. People who consistently contribute are able to participate in the project's decision-making processes.
Project decisions are generally made by community consensus. To manage this process, and to resolve conflicts when they occur, there is a Project Management Committee (PMC) consisting of community members who have consistently contributed to the project.
Current PMC members are:
- Bruce Allen: Leader of Einstein@Home. Director of the Albert Einstein Institute for Gravitational Physics, Adjunct Professor of Physics, University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee
- David Anderson (Chair): BOINC founder and architect. Director of SETI@home. Research Scientist at University of California, Berkeley.
- Christian Beer: Project admin of RNA World and vice chairman of Rechenkraft.net e.V.
- Matt Blumberg: Director of GridRepublic. Creator of Progress Thru Processors.
- Eric Korpela: Chief scientist of SETI@home. Research Scientist at University of California, Berkeley.
- Keith Upplinger: Technical lead of IBM World Community Grid.
- Rom Walton: Programmer/Analyst at UC Berkeley.
- Willy de Zutter: Creator of BoincStats and BAM!.
The description of the governance structure can be found at the BOINC