OpenMP ARB announces line-up of world-class keynotes, speakers, tutorials and panel sessions for Annual OpenMPCon Developer Conference
13 Jul 2015 Champaign - The OpenMP Architecture Review Board (ARB) has announced the full line-up of world-class keynote speakers, technical presentations, tutorials and panel sessions to be hosted at the inaugural OpenMPCon Developer Conference, which will be held in Aachen, Germany, 28-30 September, 2015.
"The strength of this year's programme looks set to establish OpenMPCon as the single most important event for all OpenMP developers", stated Michael Wong, OpenMP CEO. "I'm delighted with both the depth and breadth of the programme which caters to both the novice and experienced developer. Most importantly we have provided plenty of time in the program for delegates to network with colleagues, share experience and leave having had all their questions answered."
- OpenMP in an era of Ubiquitous Parallel Computing by James Reinders, Intel
- Towards Using OpenMP in Embedded Systems by Eric Stotzer, Texas Instruments
- A Hands-On Introduction to OpenMP by Tim Mattson, Intel
- Performance-oriented OpenMP by Ruud van der Pas, Oracle Corporation
- Advanced OpenMP Tasking by Michael Klemm, Intel and Christian Terboven, RWTH Aachen University
- SIMD Programming with OpenMP by Georg Zitzelsberger, Intel
- OpenMP Accelerator Programming by Eric Stotzer, Texas Instruments
- OpenMP 4.1 vs OpenACC 2.0 by James Beyer, Cray
- OpenMP Tips, Tricks and Gotchas by Mark Bull, EPCC, University of Edinburgh
- OpenMP Analysis in Intel VTune Amplifier XE by Dmitry Prohorov, Intel
- GCC Support to Compile OpenMP 4 for HAS by Martin Jambor, SUSE Linux
- Where Did My Performance Go? by Mark Bull, EPCC, University of Edinburgh
- OpenMP 4.0 vs. OpenCL: Performance Comparison by Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol
- A Success Case: The NAS Parallel Benchmark EP by Manuel Arenaz, Appentra Solutions
- Porting OpenACC 2.0 to OpenMP 4.0 by Oscar Hernandez, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Using OpenMP at NERSC by Yun He, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Inside Intel Compilers: Effective OpenMP SIMD Vectorization by Xinmin Tian, Intel
- Enabling Application Portability across HPC Platforms using Open Standards: User-oriented goals for OpenMP by Alice Koniges, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Panel Sessions include:
- Grill the OpenMP CEO and Committee ARB: feedback on the draft specification and future directions
- OpenMPCon next Planning? Planning for the next OpenMPCon in Kobe, Japan
At OpenMPCon 2015 delegates will enjoy thought provoking keynotes and inspirational and informative tutorials, talks and presentations. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere will provide a great opportunity for developers to discuss and share their OpenMP experiences with industry experts, fellow developers and technology suppliers. OpenMPCon is expected to appeal to a wide range of OpenMP professionals, including:
- Developers, students, consultants and educators
- Managers, Directors and team leaders
- Vendor companies, sponsors and book publishers
- Career seekers, recruiters, veterans, students and schools
OpenMPCon is partnering closely with IWOMP 2015, the research focused International Workshop on OpenMP which will take place immediately after OpenMPCon. Developers are encouraged to attend both events. Early Bird registration for OpenMPCon is available until 31 August.
Sponsors for OpenMPCon include: Appentra, cOMPunity, hgpu.org, insideHPC, Intel, JARA, OpenMP ARB, RWTH Aachen University, Silexica and Texas Instruments.
For full details and registration you can visit www.openmpcon.org .