SAP applications certified for Oracle Exadata Database Machine
8 Jul 2011 Redwood Shores -
In an ongoing commitment to provide customers with the best performance for SAP applications, Oracle has introduced the recent certification of SAP applications for use with Oracle Exadata Database Machine. SAP applications based on SAP NetWeaver 7.x certified with Oracle Database 11g Release 2 such as SAP ERP and SAP Business Warehouse (BW) can now be deployed using Oracle Exadata Database Machines X2-2 and X2-8.
With over 1,000 installations, Oracle Exadata is a proven platform for running mission critical SAP applications. Oracle is the leading database for SAP OLTP and BW deployments.
Oracle Exadata is the first integrated hardware, software and storage platform built to run the Oracle Database. By integrating the servers, storage, software and networking, Oracle Exadata provides a platform optimized for the most demanding database application environments, such as that found under SAP deployments.
Oracle Exadata offers:
- Scale-out architecture of industry standard servers running Oracle Real Application Clusters;
- Scale-out architecture of Oracle Exadata storage servers connected by an InfiniBand network;
- Terabytes of included Flash Memory that transparently accelerate I/O operations by an order of magnitude; and,
- Unique resource management features that help reduce IT costs by enabling large-scale database consolidation of ERP, CRM, SCM, data warehousing and mixed workloads.
SAP customers requiring 24/7 application availability can take advantage of the Maximum Availability Architecture, which hundreds of current production SAP customers rely on and are familiar with. Fast, easy, and safe to deploy, Oracle Exadata is standardized, prebuilt, and completely tested and optimized. This can eliminate significant integration work, cost, and time from the database deployment process. Because customer configurations are identical at the complete system level, Oracle Exadata helps to eliminate unique, hard-to-diagnose issues.
Oracle Exadata should be on the short list for any SAP customer looking to update their hardware platform, including those:
- Looking for a higher performance platform;
- Looking for a more cost effective platform;
- Nearing the end of their hardware lifecycle and planning a hardware refresh;
- Looking to keep more data online without having to pay huge storage costs;
- That want to focus on business value rather than the integration and maintenance of a complex system stack;
- Short on experienced IT professionals that can diagnose complex issues that cross product and vendor boundaries; and,
- Wanting a single vendor to take responsibility for all database, server, storage, and storage networking issues.
"Oracle Exadata runs all database workloads with extreme performance and reliability", stated Andrew Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "It is the ideal platform for running the database under all SAP R3 applications, including ERP and Business Warehouse."