Bull aims at delivering operational excellence for IT Departments
20 May 2014 Paris -
Bull has launched its new 'Service Assurance' offering, designed to help IT Departments guarantee the quality of the services they are delivering. To achieve operational excellence, IT Departments need to guarantee that they can fulfil their service delivery commitments, manage the associated risks and, most importantly, anticipate their own needs in terms of IT resources so they are always ready to support the changes required by the business, in a secured environment. That is why Bull has established a dedicated organisation, based around its Service Assurance Center: an industrial-scale platform for the new offering providing a secured high-availability infrastructure, unified monitoring capabilities, automated processes, technical expertise and consulting capabilities, all operating 24x7.
Bull offers a modular, packaged services catalogue, structured around three key goals:
- Guaranteeing performance: unified monitoring services for IT services and energy management
- Guaranteeing availability: high availability services
- Guaranteeing compatibility: pro-active support and expertise
Against a backdrop of transformation towards digital technologies, Bull helps IT Departments to establish themselves as real value-added service providers. This requires a comprehensive view of how well all aspects of the IT infrastructure are performing - from energy supplies to business applications - by implementing change management best practices and drivers for cost optimization.
To achieve this level of operational excellence, IT Departments can rely on Bull's Service Assurance offering:
- Offered on a pay-per-use basis, 'as a Service', unified monitoring helps reduce operating costs, boost responsiveness when incidents happen and ensure greater flexibility and security across the scope of the installations being monitored.
- Thanks to personalized dashboards and expert recommendations, the IT Department has access to a tool that indicates the state of health of its information systems in real time, so it can take a pro-active and preventive approach to managing its resources.
- Using Bull's pro-active support services, the IT Department can also manage the impact of the changes associated with upgrades, as part of a continuous improvement model.
- Customized high-availability services take full account of how critical each activity is to the business.
Franck Greverie, Executive Vice-President of Bull's Infrastructure Division commented: "Our new Service Assurance offering is totally in step with the huge changes taking place in IT management, with the focus on simplification, service quality and the value that IT can deliver to the business. We actively support IT Departments to embrace this transformation, by providing in-depth expertise and dedicated industrial-scale services."
The new services are being delivered by the Bull Group right now across Europe, the Middle East, South America, the Caribbean and Africa.