Programming and tUning Massively Parallel Systems Summer School to issue Call for Participation
16 Apr 2013 Barcelona -
In its fourth edition, the Programming and tuning Massively Parallel Systems Summer School (PUMPS) offers researchers and graduate students a unique opportunity to improve their skills with cutting-edge techniques and hands-on experience in developing and tuning applications for many-core processors with massively parallel computing resources like GPU accelerators. PUMPS 2013 will take place during the Barcelona Computing Week, July 8-12, at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) / Computer Architecture Department at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona Tech in Barcelona, Spain. Deadline for applications is May 17, 2013.
The summer school is oriented towards advanced programming and optimizations, and thus previous experience in basic GPGPU programming will be considered in the selection process.
- Wen-mei Hwu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- David Kirk, NVIDIA Fellow, former Chief Scientist, NVIDIA Corporation
- Isaac Gelado, Rosa Badia, Xavier Martorell, Nacho Navarro (BSC and UPC)
Some of the topics that will be covered during the course are:
- CUDA Algorithmic Optimization Strategies
- Dealing with Sparse and Dynamic data
- Efficiency in Large Data Traversal
- Reducing Output Interference
- Controlling Load Imbalance and Divergence
- Debugging and Profiling CUDA Code
- GMAC Runtime
- Multi-GPU Execution
- Introduction to OmpSs
- OmpSs: Leveraging GPU/CUDA Programming
- Hands-on Labs: CUDA Optimizations and OmpSs Programming
Participants will have access to a multi-node cluster of GPUs, and will learn to program and optimize applications in languages such as CUDA and OmpSs. Teaching Assistants will be available to help with Hands-on Labs assignments.
PUMPS is organized by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the University of Illinois, the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, the HiPEAC Network of Excellence and the PRACE Advanced Training Centre.
For information and registration you can visit