Mellanox surpasses one million 100Gb/s ports with LinkX optical transceivers and cables
7 Mar 2018 Sunnyvale, Yokneam - Mellanox Technologies Ltd., a supplier of optical transceivers and high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data centre servers and storage systems, has announced that its volume shipments of LinkX optical transceivers, Active Optical Cables (AOCs) and Direct Attach Copper Cables (DACs), have surpassed the one million 100Gb/s QSFP28 ports milestone. Already offering one of the industry's largest portfolio of interconnect products, Mellanox expanded its 100Gb/s LinkX product family to include: an innovative DynamiX QSFP-to-SFP port Adapter; a line of 100Gb/s Active Optical Splitter Cables; and new optical transceivers for 1310nm PSM4, CWDM4, and LR4.
"Our early 100Gb/s sales were driven by US-based hyperscale companies who were the first to deploy 100G Ethernet", stated Amir Prescher, senior vice president of business development and general manager of the interconnect business at Mellanox. "Now, China Web 2.0, Cloud computing networks, and OEMs worldwide are moving to 100G. Customers select us because of our high-speed experience, our capacity to ship in volume, and the quality of our products."
"We see rapid growth in the 100Gb/s optical transceiver market continuing through at least 2021", added Dale Murray, Principal Analyst, at LightCounting Market Research. "400Gb/s networks are coming, but there is plenty of headroom for 100Gb/s products until the deployment of end-to-end 400G Ethernet can be realized."
Mellanox will be exhibiting its new 100G and 200G/400G LinkX products at the 2018 OFC conference, March 13-15, in San Diego at booth 1801.
The Mellanox booth will feature demos of its new LinkX products including:
- 200Gb/s in the QSFP56 form factor
- 400Gb/s in OSFP and QSFP-DD form factors
- Full line of 100Gb/s transceivers for hyperscale and data center applications
- LinkX 25G/50G/100Gb/s DAC & AOC cables and 100G SR4, PSM4, CWDM4 and LR4 transceivers
- Active Optical Breakout cables from 100Gb/s to 4x25Gb/s and 2x50Gb/s
- DynamiX, to convert any QSFP port to support a SFP DAC, AOC or transceiver
- New Quantum switches with 40 ports of 200Gb/s QSFP56 in 1RUchassis
- New ConnectX-6 adapters with two ports of 200Gb/s QSFP56
- Live demo with Ixia 400Gb/s QSFP-DD ports showing backward compatibility with 200Gb/s QSFP56 networks