Dutch eScience and Lorentz Centers launch Call to host workshop on digitally enhanced research
22 Feb 2018 Amsterdam -
The Netherlands eScience Center and the Lorentz Center are looking for researchers who would like to participate in the Lorentz-eScience competition. The winner can organize a workshop at the Lorentz Center@Snellius, Leiden, the Netherlands.
The Lorentz-eScience competition aims to host a leading-edge workshop on digitally enhanced research - efficient utilization of data, software and e-infrastructure. The workshop topic should bring together researchers from the academic community and the public/private sector.
The workshop should provide:
- an innovative scientific programme, that takes participants beyond current boundaries
- an open and interactive format, with few lectures
- at least one scientific organizer based within and one outside the Netherlands
- at least one scientific organizer from academia and one from the public/private sector
The Lorentz-eScience organizers offer:
- a 5-day workshop for up to 25 people in the first half of 2019
- travel and accommodation reimbursements
- no registration fees or other organisational costs
- a professional support organisation, under the philosophy "you do the research, we do the rest"
The procedure is as follows:
- a 1-page expression of interest by 15 April 2018
- a full application by 6 June 2018
- final decision end of June 2018
- submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org