8 Feb 2018 Brussels - From 29 to 31 May 2018, PRACE will organise the fifth edition of its Scientific and Industrial Conference - PRACEdays18 - under the motto "HPC for Innovation: when Science meets Industry" in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
PRACE initiated the "PRACE Ada Lovelace Award for HPC" at PRACEdays16, having Dr. Zoe Cournia, a Computational Chemist, Investigator - Assistant Professor at the Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens (BRFAA), Greece as the first successful winner. Dr. Frauke Gräter of the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies and University of Heidelberg was awarded the second annual PRACE Ada Lovelace Award for HPC at PRACEdays17.
PRACE is now ready to receive your nomination for the Award. The nomination process is fully open via the Call for Nominations published on the PRACE website and via different social media channels. Nominations should be sent to submissions-pracedays[at]prace-ri.eu by 1 March 2018.
The winner of the Award will be invited to participate in the concluding Panel Session at PRACEdays18, and will receive a cash prize of 1000 euro as well as a certificate and an engraved crystal trophy.
A nomination should include the following:
The selection criteria involve:
The Selection Committee is composed of:
1. Claudia Filippi, Member of the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC), University of Twente, Faculty of Science and Technology, Netherlands
2. Erik Lindahl, Chair of the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC)
3. Lee Margetts, Chair of the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC)
4. Laura Grigori, Member of the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC), INRIA/University Pierre and Marie Curie, France, member of the Selection Committee since 2017
5. Suzanne Talon, Women in HPC member, CEO of Calcul Québec, Canada, member of the Selection Committee since 2017.
The committee will (partially) change every 2 years.