GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5 increases speed and scalability of the In-Memory Data Fabric
11 Feb 2016 Foster City - GridGain Systems, provider of the enterprise-grade In-Memory Data Fabric based on Apache Ignite, has made available GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5. The GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric enables high-performance transactions that run 1,000x faster than disk-based approaches. It provides high speed transactions, real-time streaming and fast analytics in a single, comprehensive data access and processing layer. The solution powers existing or new applications in a distributed, massively parallel architecture on affordable, industry-standard hardware, which can be easily scaled by adding more nodes to the compute grid.
The GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric requires no replacement of the database layer for applications built on SQL, NoSQL or Hadoop databases. New features in GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5 make the platform twice as fast so businesses can get more done faster. The new deadlock-free transactions feature means that more users can access the same data pools at the same time. With this release, GridGain has also expanded its open source footprint, as support for .NET and C++, previously available only in GridGain Enterprise Edition, has now been incorporated into GridGain Community Edition 7.5 and Apache Ignite 1.5. A free 30-day trial of GridGain Enterprise Edition 7.5 is available now from the GridGain website.
"Companies need to process and analyze their data in a true, real-time, 24/7 environment in order to optimize value from the huge amounts of information they collect today", stated Abe Kleinfeld, President and CEO of GridGain. "With the latest release of the GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric, we have focused on increasing speed, accessibility and reliability of data to ensure our customers can gain the competitive edge they need."
Key features of this release include:
- A massive performance improvement, with most cache operations and SQL queries now up to two times faster than the previous version.
- Deadlock-free transactions that eliminate concerns over lock ordering and deadlocks, allowing multiple teams to access the same data pools at the same time. Users can now access any element within any transaction in any order, and the GridGain Enterprise and Community Editions will automatically take care of data consistency without a deadlock.
- Support for OSGI containers, enabling automated deployments and redeployments within a container.
- Integration with popular open source projects, such as Apache Camel and Apache Flume, as well as support for automatic data ingest from Twitter or MQTT.
- Support for compact protocol, allowing dynamic schema changes and SQL indexing on the fly, without deserialization.
- Support for .NET and C++ has been incorporated into GridGain Community Edition 7.5 and the Apache Ignite 1.5 open source project. This will increase the Apache Ignite open source footprint into .NET and C++ platforms.