Independent research firm ranks HP private Cloud a leader in China
26 Jan 2015 Palo Alto -
Forrester Research Inc. has recognized HP as a leader in private Cloud solutions in China. According to "The Forrester Wave: Private Cloud Solutions in China, Q1 2015", HP leads for its high level of competence across all major criteria, as well as the strength of its executive team working with local partners to provide Cloud services to Chinese customers.
The Forrester Wave evaluates private Cloud solutions from multinational and local vendors based on a variety of criteria, including:
- Strength of current offering: Cloud management and self-service access, service management and creation, automation capabilities, heterogeneity, contract terms and support, and cost.
- Go-to-market strategy: Planned enhancements, strategic vision, third-party ecosystem, partnerships, and customer experience.
- Market presence: Installed base and revenue.
"Private Clouds are emerging as a deployment model of choice for enterprises wanting to transform their IT environments while still maintaining control over their data", stated Marten Mickos, senior vice president and general manager, HP Cloud, HP. "Our goal is to be the most trusted partner for enterprise Cloud computing in China and around the world."
According to Forrester, adoption of private cloud solutions are gaining momentum in China, with 51 percent of business and technology decision-makers in China planning to adopt private cloud as part of their Cloud computing strategy.
HP Helion private Cloud solutions provide customers a variety of options to build, manage and deploy cloud services that meet their unique business requirements and enable them to operate in a hybrid Cloud environment, including:
- HP Helion CloudSystem: An open, integrated cloud solution with advanced security features offering enterprises and service providers with tools to quickly build Clouds, create and deploy applications, and manage traditional and Cloud-native workloads.
- HP Helion OpenStack: A commercial distribution built on OpenStack technology, providing an open, scalable, and highly available enterprise grade Cloud platform.
- HP Helion Development Platform: Based on Cloud Foundry technology and integrated with HP Helion OpenStack, it provides an open, interoperable platform that enables application development and portability across traditional, private, and public Clouds.