HP takes Big Data platform to the Cloud with HP Haven OnDemand
2 Dec 2014 Barcelona -
HP has unveiled HP Haven OnDemand, an important milestone in its Big Data strategy that gives organisations of all sizes Cloud-based access to key components of HPs world class analytics platform. HP Haven OnDemand, which runs on the HP Helion Cloud, enables customers to analyze all forms of data, including business data, machine data, and unstructured, human information. Developers can also leverage this innovative web service, as well as engage with a robust and growing community to create next-generation applications and services.
"Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals; we deliver critical information via a combination of innovative technology and industry expertise", stated Chris Blatchford, Director, Business Operations - Platform Group Thomson Reuters. "For a recent hackathon event, we utilized HPs Haven OnDemand platform to produce several innovative new applications over an incredibly short amount of time. In particular HP IDOL OnDemand's intuitive interface and wide array of APIs allowed our developers to 'think big' and realize their vision."
HP also will embed its unique Haven assets deeper into the HP Software application portfolio with new offerings that leverage Big Data analytics to help businesses transform their IT operations, power information governance and compliance, and achieve greater levels of information security.
HP Haven is a powerful platform that allows organizations to put data and insights at the core of their business, transforming every aspect of an enterprise, from the data centre to mobile, customer-facing applications at the edge. With HP Haven OnDemand, customers, partners, and developers can tap into key components of the HP Haven Enterprise platform to gain blazing fast insights, rapid time to value and analytic functionality on all types of data, within minutes:
- HP Vertica OnDemand delivers enterprise-class Big Data analytics via the Cloud. HP Vertica OnDemand offers an extensive set of built-in analytic capabilities with no compromises on performance and flexibility. The service places a premium on simplicity and ease of use, and customers can be up and running analytics using HP Vertica OnDemand within minutes. This comprehensive service is available in a wide range of flexible consumption models, including a managed virtual private cloud Haven platform offering developed in partnership with HP Enterprise Services, to meet the availability and compliance needs of todays most demanding enterprises.
- HP IDOL OnDemand provides the industry's most comprehensive set of Big Data web services that developers, partners, and customers can use to build next generation applications that can analyze a broad spectrum of data types, including images, social media, text, video and more. HP IDOL OnDemand leverages the advanced data processing engine of HP IDOL to enable a broad range of unique functions, including contextual search, sentiment analysis and face detection. To date, over 5,000 developers have signed up as registered users of the service.
HP Software also unveiled several innovations across its portfolio that leverage HP Haven Big Data analytics:
- IT Operations Management: HP has unveiled a comprehensive set of new IT Operations Management solutions that leverage Haven analytics to help organizations automate and optimize IT application and system management, resulting in faster time to market, greater cost efficiencies, and exceptional customer experiences.
- Security: HP has introduced a new version of HP ArcSight ESM, a market-leading security information and event management (SIEM) solution. The solution detects and protects against security threats through real-time correlation and analysis of billions of events per day. The new release includes several innovations to improve the speed and performance of the solution. Additionally, HP Application Defender, the industry's first Cloud-managed application self-protection service, leverages HP Haven analytics to provide immediate visibility and actively defend production applications against attacks. HP Application Defender is generally available now, and customers can visit www.hp-application-defender.com to sign up for an immediate trial.
- Intelligent Retention and Content Management: HP has launched a new solution that combines HP hardware and software technologies to allow organisations to intelligently manage data throughout its lifecycle. The solution brings together HP StoreAll, HP ControlPoint, HP Records Manager and HP Haven analytics to reinvent end-to-end information lifecycle management.
"To succeed in today's marketplace, businesses must be able to leverage all forms of data, at high speed and in context, in order to capitalize on emerging opportunities and manage risk and costs", stated Robert Youngjohns, GM and EVP, HP Software. "With today's announcement, we are making our unique Big Data platform more accessible and adaptable than ever before, giving customers, partners, and developers an unmatched set of assets that can help them create winning, data-driven businesses."
HP Vertica OnDemand will be available in CY Q1, 2015 with pricing starting as low as $999 per month. HP IDOL OnDemand is available now as an early access web service.