ThunderX is Cavium's 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation high performance computing and hyperscale workloads. With up to 48 high-performance custom cores, single and dual socket capability, high memory bandwidth and capacity, and integrated hardware accelerators, ThunderX enables best-in-class ARMv8 performance per dollar and performance per watt. The ThunderX family includes multiple SKUs that enable servers optimized for compute, storage, network and security workloads in the HPC Cloud, and is widely supported by industry-leading OS, hypervisor, software tool and application vendors.
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the broad range of HPC solutions, including the company's most recent announcements. ThunderX platforms from various ODM & OEM partners will be on display at Cavium booth #1105 along with presentation sessions at ISC 2016.
Specific activities include:
1. ThunderX: 64bit ARMv8 based SoC family of workload optimized processors with a range of SKUs and form factors optimized for high performance computing, including Grid computing, heterogeneous computing, storage, secure compute and networking specific workloads
2. ThunderX2: Update on Cavium's next generation 64bit ARMv8 based SoC family
3. Cavium's ecosystem partners will be demonstrating ThunderX based platforms, including E4, SUSE, Allinea, Gigabyte, Mellanox, NVIDIA, Bright Computing, Penguin Computing, and NAG.
4. On June 20th at 1:30 pm, Gopal Hegde, Vice President/General Manager of Data Center Processor Group at Cavium, will be presenting on ThunderX advantages for the HPC market at the ISC Vendor Showdown.
5. On June 22nd at 1:40 pm, Larry Wikelius, VP Software Ecosystem and Solutions Group, Cavium, will be presenting at the Exhibitor Forum on ThunderX leadership role in the HPC ecosystem.