SURFsara to organize Visualization Competition
25 Sep 2017 Amsterdam - Do you use the Dutch National e-Infrastructure for your research and do you have an awesome, interesting or fun visualization of your work to show? Then enter your visualizations in the SURFsara Visualization Competition and win a prize of 500 euro. The winning entry will be announced at the SURFsara Super D event, December 12, 2017. The best entries will also be displayed at the Super D event .
Show the world, what you do with the e-Infrastructure and how it contributes to your research. Entries will be judged on visual impact, skill required to make the visualization, the added value of the visualization for the research and usage of the e-Infrastructure. The jury is composed of computing, visualization and communication experts from SURFsara and from the research world.
The rules are as follows:
- You can submit up to 3 images.
- The data shown must have been computed, processed, analyzed and/or visualized using one of the following parts of the Dutch National e-Infrastructure: Big Data Services including Jupyter Notebook and Hadoop services, Dutch National Supercomputer Cartesius, Grid, HPC Cloud, Life Science Grid, Lisa Compute Cluster including Mona, or the Visualisation cluster ELvis.
- The main applicant must have played an active role in production of the visualization and must have an affiliation with a member of the SURF cooperative excluding SURFsara.
- The submission deadline is November 26, 2017 at 23:59.
- Submission of entries is by e-mail .
- Winning entries will be required to provide a high-resolution version of the image for reproduction.