Presentations and recordings 18th Workshop on high performance computing in meteorology at ECMWF online
10 Oct 2018 Reading - Every second year ECMWF hosts a workshop on the use of high performance computing in meteorology. High performance computer architectures are becoming ever more complex which presents significant challenges for the ongoing development of operational meteorological applications. The 18th workshop on high performance computing in meteorology took place at ECMWF, Reading, UK, 24-28 September 2018.
This workshop looked especially at scalability and I/O of weather and climate applications on HPC systems.
In particular the organizers invited presentations addressing the following topics related to weather and climate applications:
- Modelling mathematics and numerical methods
- Programming models and domain-specific languages (DSL)
- High performance I/O and post-processing
- Operational use of HPC in weather and climate
- Machine learning and data analytics
- Large dataset visualisation
The presentation slides and video recordings are now online: