ESCAPE workshop on numerical weather prediction, climate and HPC
23 Sep 2016 Elsinore - The EU-H2020 ESCAPE project brings together numerical weather prediction (NWP), climate and high-performance computing (HPC) communities to develop world-class, extreme-scale computing capabilities for European operational NWP and future climate models. One of the challenges is to execute complex state-of-the-art models of the atmosphere within tight production schedules. The first ESCAPE workshop will be organised 18-20 October 2016, Elsinore, Denmark.
The workshop sessions will be organized according to the following topics:
- Introduction to the ESCAPE project
- Weather & Climate Dwarfs aspects and fundamental algorithmic building blocks underlying weather and climate services;
- Diagnostic methods and tools, co-design and algorithms development for use in extreme-scale, HPC applications, minimizing time- and cost-to-solution;
- Session for relevant EU projects involving HPC for weather, climate, ocean/sea, Earth System Modelling communities
- Panel discussions on key issues from the workshop